Dokodemo Door!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Journey to Denmark and Sweden, #5

I thought Stockholm was a pretty impressive city. In some ways, I think that it was the high-point of the trip.

The first place we went was the Vasa Museum, which is built around the restored wreckage of a 15th century warship.

The interior of the museum was way too dark for good shots of the Vasa, so you'll have to make do with this model.






We also managed to get a tour of Stockholm City Hall, which is where the Nobel Prize dinners are held. (We didn't get a chance to see the building where the prizes are actually awarded, however.)

I would've liked to have spent more time in Stockholm. Overall, I consider this trip to have been a very successful journey, one which exceeded expectations. Our hosts were to thank for that. Mari and I definitely agree, in principle, that we should head back to visit again some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home