Dokodemo Door!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Journey to Dubai #1

I know it's taken a while for me to get another post-up, seeing as how things have been way too busy for me over the past few months. Anyway, here's a quick run-down of Dubai.

Due to the conference organizers' decision to change the venue a mere week before, for Pete's sake, my hotel was located in the middle of nowhere. Out in the 'new' section of Dubai. So new, the neighborhood hadn't even been built. You can't get newer than that, I suppose.



The hotel. Not many eateries around.

Despite the frustrations stemming from the location, I had to say that Dubai was one of the most interesting places I've ever seen and I would absolutely jump at the chance to go back. The food alone made it worthwhile.

Pine nuts in hummus?! What sorcery is this??

And you'd better believe that I was enjoying my spare time to the fullest whenever I could get-away from the conference. One thing I really, really wanted to do was a bit of four-wheelin' in the desert...


...but it wasn't all fun and games, as these unlucky souls were soon to discover...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home