Dokodemo Door!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Journey to Dubai #2

On my first free weekend, I really wanted to see the Musandam peninsula. Musandam is an Omani enclave which juts out into the Strait of Hormuz. Geologically, it's a submerged mountain range and it's supposed to be one of the best scenic areas in the Persian Gulf. It's often likened to an Arabian version of the Norwegian coast; some villages of the peninsula are so remote, they can only be accessed by sea.

I really wanted to take a dhow
Alas, the wind was too high on the day I wanted to go; sailing permits were unobtainable. That's when I tried my Plan B: driving-out to a little UAE village called Hatta in the Hajjar mountains, going through a little slice of Oman along the way.


I liked driving on the dunes so much, I did it again. Thanks to my loyal Pakistani diver, Tariq, we managed to avoid getting stuck or tipping-over.


And within an hour, we were on our way through the Hajjar mountains.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home