Dokodemo Door!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Journey to Busan

Going to Busan was probably one of the most enjoyable weekend trips I've taken in a long time. I really shouldn't be saying that since I was ostensibly there for a conference.

To keep it short: Busan is Korea's answer to Myrtle Beach. Or perhaps Blackpool in its heyday. Except that it's got a population of over 3 million.



There are two major beaches in town: Gwangalli and Haeundae. My hotel faced Gwangalli, which is set-up for the younger and less-flush crowd. Haeundae Beach, which I didn't have a chance to see, is more for the older, higher-income folks and features some of the priciest real-estate in the country.

And you thought San Francisco was hilly.

Considering the beach and the availability of good eats-- the city boasts a fabulous combination of hoe and BBQ restaurants-- I am definitely planning to head back there for the conference next year if at all possible.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home