Dokodemo Door!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Beijing, baby!

Mari, her dad and I are going to be heading to Beijing in about 2 weeks. It will be a short trip to the main sights and the plan assumes that we'll need to go at the pace of a septuagenarian. For better or for worse...

A most disconcerting sight if you've REALLY got to pee...

It upsets me to remember that the last time I was there was in 1999. That feels like a long time ago. One of the comments that you hear from regular visitors to China is that every time you go back, the place looks different. That makes me wonder whether Beijing will be completely unrecognizable to me today.

To give but one example, Beijing had two mass transit lines back in the '90s. Today? It's got fourteen. Furthermore, I hear the traffic is worse. Much, much, much worse. Times ten.

How's the trip going to go? Your guess is as good as mine. Let's hope for the best.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home