Dokodemo Door!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ah Hearts Me Some Seoul!

It was a whirlwind visit with no rest for me at all on Sunday, but I managed to pack an awful lot of stuff into a short period.

Namsan Park really is one of the more remarkable sights in downtown Seoul. A steep wooded hill inexplicably rises-up out of nowhere, like a sore thumb, and it's visible from miles around. Namsan is so centrally-located that three road tunnels go underneath it. Sticking-up from one side of the hill, as if it was lodged there by a giant blob of epoxy, is Seoul Tower, which provides the best views of the city. I haven't had a chance to go up there yet but, God willing, I will take the cable car up there some day.

I briefly stopped-by the Myeongdong district just north of Namsan Park. Myeongdong occupies what has to be the best retail space of the city, and is something of a major locus of modern Korean pop-culture. I thought it'd be cool to take some videos there:


One weekend wasn't enough, dammit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home