Dokodemo Door!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coolest telly-o-phone machine EVAH!

For the last three weeks, I have been enjoying the coolest telly-o-phone machine in the whole, wide world.

Well, okay. Maybe if you have an iPhone, you have something cooler.

But if you do, you'll have to use Softbank. The smallest of the mobile service providers.

But not me. Nuh-uh. I use DoCoMo.

Okay, so, there it is down yonder. On the surface it looks like an ordinary telly-o-phone machine, yes? With text messaging, mobile internet, a camera, a friendly little white cartoon whale swimming around the screen to offer pithy pleasantries in the morning.

Perfectly normal in every way, right?

Aha. Well that's where you're wrong.

Just twist it, fold it, touch the screen, extend the antenna and, voilà!

You get NHK, plus two other channels!

Now I can watch TV anywhere!

Anywhere, I say!

In a taxi. On the toilet. Even in the TV room!

Yeah, eat your heart out.

So how much did this marvel cost me?

An arm and a leg?

Nay. It was free, bitches!

Yes, free! Free! Free because it was six months old. And no one wants a six-month old model.

'Cept for me, of course.

4 Comments:

  • At March 28, 2009 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Heheh, nice! Now why can't it be like that over here? :)

    "Nay. It was free, bitches!"

    I /still/ keep laughing whenever I re-read that ;)

     
  • At March 28, 2009 at 5:35 PM , Blogger Yamantaka said...

    Yeah, well, I can only hope my mom doesn't read that.

    Cuz, like, I used a bad word an' stuff.

     
  • At March 30, 2009 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Mom:} said...

    Well, you were clairvoyant Mom did read this.

    I can only rephrase Nana to your Dad, "I didn't raise you that way."

    How can you expect me to have my friends visit your blog, even if it is interesting, entertaining, educational, and amusing?

    I am surprised that 6 mo old technology is considered so out of date. The phone may be free -but what about the service? How does it compare to other services you have used? How long does the battery last when all the bells and whistles are operating?

     
  • At April 3, 2009 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Yamantaka said...

    The above is either a side-splitting parody or... ehheh...

    My phone battery works great, actually! I've gone a few days without recharging.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home